In addition to the big PS4 update, the PlayStation Vita system software has also been updated to deepen integration and improve compatibility with the PS4 system. Similarly the Playstation Companion App will be updated along side the system updates.
PS Vita 3.15 Update
The PS Vita system has recently received a system software update to version 3.15 adding some key feature enhancements that will strengthen the connectivity and integration between the PS Vita and PS4 systems.
- You can now perform device registration – also known as pairing – for Remote Play via the Internet. When registering a device via the Internet, registration is performed automatically. You do not have to enter any numbers for registration. On the PlayStation 4 system’s function screen, you must select [Settings] > [PSN] > [Activate as Your Primary PS4] > [Activate] in advance.
- Button assignments for Remote Play have been changed.
- To verify button assignments, press the PS button, and then select [Button Guide] in the toolbar that is displayed.
- [Settings] has been added to the toolbar that is displayed when you press the PS button while using remote play. You can adjust whether feedback is shown on the screen when you touch the touchscreen or the rear touch pad.
- Note: to connect to a PS4 system using Remote Play with a PS Vita system that has been updated to system software version 3.15, the system software of the PS4 system must be version 1.70 or later.
PlayStation App 1.70 Update
The PlayStation App for smartphones and tablets, available free on the App Store and Google Play, has been updated to version 1.70 within the same launch window as both the PS4 and PS Vita system software updates.
- Notification alerts are now supported.
- Thumbnails are now displayed for screenshots and video clips that are posted to Twitter or Facebook® as activities.
- Pictures you take on your smartphone or tablet can now be set as your profile picture.
- You can now send a PSN℠ Friend request to your friend using email or text.
- Stability during use of some features has been improved.
- The PlayStation App will also support iPad resolution with the update to 1.70.